By Eric Sowey,Peter Petocz
A landscape of facts: views, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics
Eric Sowey, tuition of Economics, The collage of latest South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Peter Petocz, division of facts, Macquarie collage, Sydney, Australia
This e-book is a stimulating panoramic journey – fairly diversified from a textbook trip – of the area of statistics in either its conception and perform, for academics, scholars and practitioners.
At each one cease at the travel, the authors examine strange and quirky facets of facts, highlighting historic, biographical and philosophical dimensions of this box of knowledge. Each bankruptcy opens with views on its topic, usually from numerous issues of view. 5 unique and thought-provoking questions stick to. those objective at widening readers’ wisdom and deepening their perception. Scattered one of the questions are interesting puzzles to unravel and tantalising paradoxes to provide an explanation for. Readers can examine their very own statistical discoveries with the authors’ targeted solutions to all of the questions.
The writing is vigorous and alluring, the information are profitable, and the fabric is generally cross-referenced.
A landscape of Statistics:
- Leads readers to find the fascinations of statistics.
- Is an stress-free spouse to an undergraduate records textbook.
- Is an enriching resource of data for statistics academics and practitioners.
- Is certain between statistics books at the present time for its memorable content material and interesting style.
Lending itself both to analyzing via and to dipping into, A landscape of Statistics will shock academics, scholars and practitioners through the diversity of how within which records can trap and carry their interest.
Read Online or Download A Panorama of Statistics: Perspectives, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
No description to be had
This choice of articles is devoted to Frank Spitzer at the get together of his sixty fifth birthday. The articles, written by way of a bunch of his acquaintances, colleagues, former scholars and coauthors, are meant to illustrate the key effect Frank has had on likelihood thought for the final 30 years and probably could have for a few years to come back.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Statistik, word: 1,0, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Institut für Soziologie), Veranstaltung: Wirtschafts-und Sozialstatistik (Statistik II), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das Thema der „neueren Ansätze zur Sozialstrukturanalyse“ wurde in der 80er und frühen 90er Jahren zunehmend aktuell.
Convex optimization difficulties come up usually in lots of various fields. This publication offers a entire creation to the topic, and indicates intimately how such difficulties will be solved numerically with nice potency. The ebook starts off with the elemental parts of convex units and features, after which describes quite a few periods of convex optimization difficulties.
- Humanitarian and Relief Logistics: Research Issues, Case Studies and Future Trends: 54 (Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces Series)
- Sustainable Logistics and Supply Chains: Innovations and Integral Approaches (Contributions to Management Science)
- Multicriteria Decision Making: Advances in MCDM Models, Algorithms, Theory, and Applications (International Series in Operations Research & Management Science)
- Partial Differential Equations for Probabilists (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- Random Dynamical Systems in Finance
Additional info for A Panorama of Statistics: Perspectives, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics
A Panorama of Statistics: Perspectives, Puzzles and Paradoxes in Statistics by Eric Sowey,Peter Petocz
- Cost-Contained Regulatory Compliance: For the by Sandy Weinberg PDF
- Bill Heller's Forego: Thoroughbred Legends PDF